5 Popular Roles For 2023
January 18, 2023
1. Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
- Shaping company branding through strategic marketing plans.
- Using social media to produce content that speak to and attracts consumers.
- Offers opportunities to create social and cultural impact through digital means.
WHAT'S The BUZZ?
- Roles in this area are expected to rise in importance with the increasing emphasis on social responsibility and use of digital platforms.
- Already among the highest rated career paths for Gen Zs entering the workforce.
2. Data ScienceWHAT IS IT ABOUT?
- Extracting and analysing big data, giving insight on trends and patterns.
- This helps companies to develop solutions, informing strategic decision-making.
- Helps companies stay ahead of the competition, evaluate approaches, solve problems and plan long-term.
- Data is a powerful tool that many businesses are eager to leverage on.
- Highly sought after role by large organisations and is one of the highest paying fields.
- Jobs in this field can be done remotely, making it highly flexible for workers.
3. Cyber SecurityWHAT IS IT ABOUT?
- Identifying weaknesses and vulnerabilities in an organisation's IT infrastructure and addressing them.
- Configuring and maintaining the security of these organisational infrastructures in order to prevent breaches.
- As the demand and value of data rises, there will naturally be an increasing need for cyber security specialists to keep it safe.
- Already one of the fastest-growing fields and anticipated to boom in the next few years.
4. SustainabilityWHAT IS IT ABOUT?
- Roles that are involved in promoting, assessing, strategising, implementing or monitoring sustainability and green practices in organisational philosophies, practices and infrastructure.
- With greater climate change awareness, there has been a steady rise in conscious consumerism and sustainability-based governmental commitments across the world.
- The demand for green talent and skills will continue to grow.
- Among the jobseekers, more people are also prioritising jobs that can create a social impact.
5. Human ResourcesWHAT IS IT ABOUT?
- Sourcing, recruiting and matching suitable talent to an organisation.
- Managing people-related concerns and needs within an organisation.
- Provide career coaching and guidance for jobseekers.
- Amidst the talent shortage, HR professionals will be essential in helping organisations reattract good quality talent.
- HR professionals will be imperative in building more diverse, equality-based and inclusive workplaces.
Topic(s): Job Search
Gig Economy Part I: What’s Happening in the Gig Economy